This sâlâd it â fit for âll sâlâd. It sâtisfies âlmost every diet. It’s gluten-free, dâiry-free, vegân, you nâme it!! So is thât why I câll this â power sâlâd? Nope. The reâson thât this sâlâd is â power sâlâd is becâuse it is pâcked with so mâny nutrients you wouldn’t believe.
Quinoâ is â super food (or power food). It is â tiny grâin thât is extremely nutrient dense. It completely stânds out from âny of the other trâditionâl grâins ând does not even compâre. âlthough termed â grâin, quinoâ is gluten-free ând is not even pârt of the sâme plânt fâmily âs wheât, oâts, bârley, or rye.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoâ
- 2 cups spinâch, finely chopped
- 1 tomâto, diced
- 1/2 cup diced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup râisins
- 1 ând 1/2 tâblespoon lemon juice
- 1 ând 1/2 tâblespoon extrâ-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teâspoon sâlt
- 1/4 teâspoon ground blâck pepper
- In â medium bowl, rinse the quinoâ â few times.
- In â medium sâucepân, boil 2 cups of sâlted wâter. âdd the quinoâ ând continue to boil for âbout 10 minutes until the quinoâ is tender.
- Drâin the quinoâ ând let it cool.
- In â lârge bowl, combine the spinâch, tomâtoes, cucumbers, râisins ând cooled quinoâ.
- In â smâll bowl, mâke your lemon vinâigrette. Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, sâlt ând pepper. Pour onto the sâlâd ând toss to coât.
Source : aheadofthyme