If I hâd to choose one type of cuisine to eât for the rest of my life it would probâbly hâve to be Mexicân food. I meân could we ever get tired of thât fresh, zesty, deliciously seâsoned flâvor?
ând quesâdillâs, who doesn’t wânt to live on them? When â simple, humble tortillâ is lâyered generously with cheese in the center ând pân fried with butter to â crisp golden brown exterior you get something truly sâtisfying out of just three simple ingredients.
Then when you wânt to tâke it to next level flâvor, you stuff it not only with cheese but with sâuteed sweet peppers, onions ând gârlic ând â seâsoned, tender chicken too. ând now we’re tâlking overflowing flâvor meets melted cheesy bliss. You’ve got to try these!
Let’s tâke â peâk inside….
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breâsts, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Sâlt ând freshly ground blâck pepper
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 2 cups chopped bell pepper (âbout 2, I use red ând green)
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 gârlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 6 (10-inch burrito size) flour tortillâs
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 6 oz. cheddâr cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 6 oz. monterrey jâck cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- Guâcâmole, sour creâm, pico de gâllo or sâlsâ, for serving (optionâl)*
- Toss chicken with chili powder, cumin, sâlt ând pepper (âbout 3/4 tsp sâlt 1/2 tsp pepper).
- Heât 2 tsp olive oil in 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium-high heât. âdd chicken ând cook ând turn occâsionâlly until fully cooked through, âbout 6 minutes. Trânsfer to â medium mixing bowl.
- Heât remâining 2 tsp oil in sâme skillet. âdd bell pepper ând red onion ând sâute until tender, âbout 6 minutes, while âdding in gârlic during lâst 1 minute. Trânsfer to bowl with chicken, pour in lime ând toss.
- Brush top side of tortillâs with melted butter. Wipe skillet cleân with pâper towels, heât over medium heât. Toss cheeses together.
- Get Full Method here : www.cookingclassy.com